Click on a Staff Member below for more info
Hello, my name is Kristen Bloxham. This is my 13th year teaching and it has all been at Lincoln Elementary. I currently teach kindergarten and absolutely love it! My favorite subject to teach is math. I enjoy how interactive it is and how the students can have fun while working hard to problem solve. I went to college at CSI, here in Twin Falls, and Eastern Oregon University. I am married to my high school sweet heart, Tom. We have been married for 20 years. I have three children. They keep us on our toes and they are all so wonderfully different. Kenzie is 19, Madi is 18, and Broc is 16. We also have 3 dogs and 5 chickens. In my spare time, I enjoy traveling, shopping, hiking, kayaking, and running. My favorite part of working at Lincoln is the staff, students, and families. I really love how much the staff truly cares. I’m also grateful to be able to help my students and their families.
My name is Cindy Braun. I am a Lead Title One teacher for Lincoln Elementary School. This is my 27th year being a teacher! I taught in Northern Idaho, at Potlatch Elementary School, for 11 years. I was a Reading Intervention teacher and a Gifted Education teacher. I loved Northern Idaho! I was raised in Southern Idaho…right here in Twin Falls! Since returning to my hometown, I have been a Title One teacher. My subject areas are reading and math.
I am a graduate of Twin Falls High School (High School Diploma), The College of Southern Idaho (Associates Degree) and the University of Idaho (two Bachelor’s Degrees in Education and Psychology). I have four children, 7 grandchildren, one “grand dog” named Loona, and one “grand cat” named Odin. Both pets live with me, for now, but are not my pets for “keeps”! In my spare time, I love to garden, play music, and be with my family.
My favorite part of being a Lincoln Lion is that I get to help my students learn and grow!
Hi! My name is Martha (Swallow) Fiala. I have been teaching amazing English
Learners at Lincoln Elementary School since 2006. I love getting to know and
working with students and parents with various language backgrounds. I also
enjoy jogging , baking , reading , and singing .
My name is Cleo Keener and this is my third year teaching music at Lincoln. I moved to Twin Falls from Oregon in 2020, and I love it here! I attended Oregon State University for both my Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education and Master’s Degree in Teaching. Music has always been a huge part of my life, and I absolutely adore sharing my love for it with my students. I have two dogs, and they both love to go on adventures. I have a very sweet chocolate lab named Zeke, and a golden retriever named Willow. I also have a cat named Mila. In my spare time, I enjoy going on hikes with my dogs, singing, and heading to the mountains to go ski!
My name is Amy Lent. I was born and raised in Twin Falls.
- I teach First Grade
- This is my 31st year of teaching.
- This is my 4th year at Lincoln. I spent one year at Morningside. I spent 26 years at Harrison.
- I love reading and I love to teach reading because it can open up so many doors. Once a child can read, he/she can travel anywhere in a book and can learn about things that interest them.
- I attended College of Southern Idaho for two years and Boise State University for two years. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree and recently received my endorsement for English as a Second Language.
- I have one stepson. My husband and I have four outdoor cats. Yogi, Fuzzy, Rambo, and Hopalong.
- I love to read, fish, go for drives with my husband and spend time outside on our patio.
- I attended Lincoln as a student. I was a country kid that rode the bus. It is my pleasure to come home and teach where I learned to read. I had amazing teachers when I attended Lincoln. I wanted to be a teacher from the moment I set foot here at school.
It is still full of amazing teachers today and I am proud to teach with such great colleagues!
Hello! My name is Cheri McKenzie. I began my journey in education as a child who played school with siblings and friends. I later became a candy-striper at St. Benedicts in Jerome, Idaho, as I wanted to help others and was learning which route to pursue, the medical field or education. I graduated from Jerome, Idaho and then attended CSI. I completed my bachelor’s degree from BSU in 1994 and became a teacher that same year. After teaching grades 6-8 in Jerome for 17 years and several years of summer school in Twin Falls, I taught at Bridge Academy for two years. I believe the experience at Bridge Academy led me to fall even deeper in love with our profession. I went back to school and received my master’s degree in 2014, the same year that my youngest child graduated from high school. I went on to become an instructional coach for three years at Robert Stuart and Bridge Academy, then an assistant principal for two years at Rock Creek and Harrison Elementaries. This is my fifth year as the principal here at Lincoln Elementary and I truly think of it as home. The staff has a heart for our students and families, and I am honored to serve you all!
Coach Miller is my name, teaching Physical Education is my game. I have been teaching for 4 years, 2 of which have been at Lincoln Elementary. Physical Education is my favorite subject of course because we get to explore how our bodies work and move while learning how to keep the body and mind healthy. I graduated from Thee, one and only, University of Idaho earning a B.S.Ed in Physical Education with a minor in Health Education and Coaching in addition to a B.S. in Sociology with an emphasis in Criminology. I’m continuing my education at U of I, working towards a master’s degree in Educational Leadership. I have one son and a beautiful wife and we live with our 2 dogs, fish, and chickens. In my spare time I coach football, play outdoors with the family, and brush up on some well-needed literature. My favorite part of being a teacher at Lincoln would have to be the great diversity of students we get to serve and how they, the students, teach the staff every day.
Hello, my name is Nicole Mix and I am a first grade teacher here at Lincoln. This is my 8th year teaching first grade and I absolutely love it! I enjoy getting to teach students how to read and seeing their growth from the beginning to the end of the year. Such a transformation! Outside of school, I like to spend time with my husband, Alex, our son, Bo, and our dogs, Murphy and Axel. We enjoy going hiking, kayaking, and camping.
Hi, my name is Jo Ann Sanchez. I was born and raised in Idaho but lived in other states while raising my family. I have three wonderful kids who are out on their own: John, Laura and Chris. My husband Jim and I love living in Twin Falls. This is my 3rd year at Lincoln and I absolutely love it. Working in the Title department is so fulfilling. It’s fun to watch the children reach their goals and grow. I love being a member of the Lincoln family.
Hello, I am Ms. Shutman, I am the behavior para at Lincoln. I have been working for the school district for 3 years and this is my first year at Lincoln. I have three kids who also attend Lincoln. I enjoy being outdoors, spending time with my friends and family, and playing cards. I am excited to start my journey and meet all the wonderful kids
- What is your name? Ms. Valentinter
- What grade do you teach? I teach 2nd grade.
- How long have you been teaching? I have been teaching for 20 years.
- How long have you taught at Lincoln? This is my 5th year teaching at Lincoln.
- What is your favorite subject to teach? Why?
- Where did you go to college? I went to college at UNLV and CSU Chico
- Do you have any children? pets? I have 2 daughters. Ava is a freshman at Canyon Ridge and Olivia is in 7th grade at Robert Stewart. We have a Wiener Dog named Sadie and a cat named Smokey. When school is out we also live with the class pets; A Bearded Dragon named Rosie and a Betta Fish named Blue.
- What are some of your favorite things to do in your spare time? In my spare time I like to be with my family. Gardening, plants, cooking, pets, reading and movies are some of the things I like.
- What is your favorite part of being a teacher at Lincoln? I like getting to know my students and their families.
3rd year as counselor and at Lincoln
I get to teach social-emotional classes for all students.
B.S. in Finance from University of Utah, Masters in Social Work Boise State
Three children (1 girl, 2 boys), cat named Luna
I love to travel, read mystery books, play board games, and watch movies.
My favorite part of being at Lincoln is the amazing diversity of student we get to interact with.